I do not belong to RevGalsBlogPals but I read quite a few blogs from them – these are this week’s Friday Five questions – and I liked them and wanted to answer them for myself:
1) Do you remember your first best friend? What did you do together? Are they still in your life?
Yup, G and I have been friends since second grade. While we’ve not lived on the same coast for over 20 years – we’re still quite close. I drove up for her Dad’s funeral. She and her husband flew out for my Dad’s funeral. I stayed with her the first week her husband went back to work after the birth of their daughter five years ago.
2) Did you ever have to move away or have your best friend move away from you?
Te first time we lived apart was when we both left for college. Apparently our good-bye was took much for her mother to take and when I went to visit her for the first time in Seattle her mother warned her cousin about our good-byes – and we did not disappoint! right at the gate (back when you could go to the gate with people).
3) Are there people in your life now that you can call ‘friend’?
4) What are some of your favorite things to do with your friends?
Pedicures, Saturday morning coffee, Sunday morning coffee, most any afternoon coffee, go to dinner, cook dinner, eat dinner, travel, hang out – the list is endless.
5) What is a gift friendship has given you?
Another endless list but the five that come to front of mind – community, love, identity, humor, confidence