December 16 – Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)
The new friends I have made thru Mondo Beyondo have taught me a lot about what is possible, about how to stretch and grow and reach for the things that are important. It has been somewhat gradual but it has been great watch them begin to accomplish new things in their lives. I think it is my turn to put some of the things (about which Inhave thought long and hard) into practice and stop watching others achieve their goals.
A little catch-up…
Dec 11 – 11 Things.
December 11 – 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)
1. Stuff. I have slowly begun going through stuff, getting rid of stuff. When I throw stuff out or take it to charity there is this weigh that lift, so that I will continue next year. One piece at a time but through a dedicated effort.
2. Inertia. Slow as the start has been, I have begun going to Spin class again. It is the only exercise I actually enjoy but i’ve not been enough for my body to remember that yet, so I must keep going.
3. Sleepless nights. If necessary, I will be locking the cats out of the bedroom. Basil is like an ADD child. He’s 7 so it’s not like he’ll outgrow this phase. He wakes up anywhere from 3 to 5AM and wants attention. I’ve decided my sleep is more important than paying attention to him at 4AM, so choices must be made.
4. Fear of failure. I want to try some new creative things but I’m stuck in analysis paralysis. I’ve been reading and trying to learn as much as i can and now I just need to try to produce some stuff.
5. Grad School. I think i need to put down thoughts of Grad School for a while. I’m not sure if an advanced degree will do anything for my career so why go through all that? Why not spend the time learning creative skills? Just not sure what the next steps are for me, maybe that’s the task for 2011. Figure out what’s next.
I don’t know that i have six more right now, but I know that these prompts certainly make me think, so the rest may come in time.