Outside my window… it’s dark. It’s 9:30+. It was hot today. Humid. It’s June.
I am thinking… I wish I enjoyed watching the most popular sport in the world. I really don’t.
I am thankful for… so many things. Today, I’m thankful for my work colleague, Ivan, who is retiring at the end of the week. 28 years in the same company. He’s a year younger than me and decided that 28 years is long enough.
I am wearing… capri cargo pants, my awesome Keen sneakers and a t-shirt.
I am remembering… that I haven’t cleaned up the kitchen yet.
I am going… to go to bed soon. Very tired, so why not.
I am reading… Mabel magazine. Not reading a book right now.
I am hoping… that the US Women’s Soccer team continues to win.
On my mind… many things to do for work but I have a plan so it will get done.
Noticing that… if I sit in “my chair,” I just won’t move for the evening.
Pondering these words… “Mormon Hell dream”
From the kitchen… noodles and rolls after a large lunch of blackened halibut on Mexican salad with avocado
Around the house… two people’s stuff needs to move out.
One of my favorite things… ginger beer.
From my picture journal… Steller’s Jay, Cooke City, MT
– Some days, the dishes don’t get done. They will get done, but probably not today.
– Severe weather in the area. Radar images on TV are very cool to follow.
– I repotted two plants today, played one basil plant in the ground and repotted one to stay indoors (not sure how that’s going to work, we’ll see)
– Earlier in the week, I had a revelation about the stuff in my house. There’s four people’s stuff in my house: 1) the person I am today, 2) the person my parents/mum/family want/wanted me to be, 3) the person I used to be and 4) the person I want to be. I’m thinking two people’s stuff needs to move out. This was huge for me. I think we all need the catalyst to make a change – I think this was mine.
– Friend, E, is in Bejing for two weeks. Short notice trip and she’s gonna do a great job – talking to Chinese people who will be coming to America to teach Chinese for a year. E is provide two lectures on what the American (western) classroom is like and what they can expect.
– The last two weeks of work were brutal. The next two weeks will be busy but I can clean up from the past two weeks. There were tears. Many tears. Frustration that fears I had last Fall would come to fruition. So far, they have not, but a real shake of confidence.