A few things from today:
- A 3.8 mile walk this morning, and then I’ve not left the house except to put the trash out.
- A migraine with aura put my day in a weird spot. The morning started with visual disturbance, and then the pain started. Some ibuprofen and taking a nap with ice packs on the back of my neck and on my eyes helped. Now I am feeling the headache hangover. I hope a good night’s sleep will send that away.
- Tomorrow’s weather is supposed to be really hot and then the temperature dive into Autumn.
- I may have found a kitty litter that actually doesn’t cause clouds of dust. This is actually very good news in the kitty care and home cleaning arena.
- Threshold sheets from Target feel quite luxurious. 100% cotton, and they are so soft.
Well, that’s all that’s new today.
Chihuly external installation at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens, taken in May 2010
Outside my window… it’s dark, and the sun is sitting earlier each day
I am thinking… there has got to be a better way to get things done at work
I am thankful for… so very much, so many people
I am wearing… my work at home uniform – capris and a tee shirt, no socks yet
I am remembering… September 11, 2001, these last two days have been days of remembering for so many people
I am going… to bed soon, 11 hour work day makes me tired
I am reading… “Lean Forward Into Your Life” by Mary Anne Radmacher
I am hoping… that the weather continues to cool into a lovely season of sweaters, jeans, wool socks, and snuggly blankets
On my mind… I need to get my resume put together, and keep my ear to the ground
Noticing that… autumn is coming, the day was beautifully cool, with low humidity, it was lovely
Pondering these words… “We’re all just walking each other home.” – Ram Dass
From the kitchen… ramen for supper with a side order of hummus
Around the house… I’ve been getting lots of hot water laundry done since we’ve had sunny days – free hot water because of the solar panels
One of my favorite things… my Tilly hat
From my picture journal… a grounded iceberg in Evidgheds Fiord, Greenland